This bruschetta a la ‘mo recipe is insanely easy, and delivers a crazy amount of flavor for the effort. It is the perfect party appetizer to show off all your newly acquired homo cooking skills.
Go ahead and flaunt yourself.
bruschetta a la ‘mo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Butterfly chips or a thinly sliced and toasted baguette, for serving
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté chili flakes, shallot, and garlic until fragrant and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, capers, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar to pan, lower heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally (with a firm wrist ladies) for 20 minutes.
Serve immediately warm, or refrigerate and serve cold later. This is also delicious as a sauce with your favorite pasta.